Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I am not a jell-o making Master!

I was waiting to write today until I had something more clever and interesting to say...however, I still have nothing coming to mind...lol...
The day has passed relatively quickly. This hotel room is very cozy, and I was able to hang out for most of the morning, make jell-o (poorly- but still mostly edible), and then Mikey and I went out for a movie.
I've shuffled through my surgery paperwork numerous times and some of the things that pop out to me are things that you can pray about for me...
First off, my surgery is not until noon (11am CST). This is a concern only because I will have gone without food for so long and I am already a little crabby. Please pray that the morning will go just as quickly as today has, and that I will keep my cranky demeanor from lashing out at my husband.
Secondly, there was a whole page of things that could happen because of anesthesia and surgery, etc. Anesthesia is always hard, I'm sure for everyone. I have a bit of a tolerance to it, so usually I end up getting doused with an extra heavy dose to knock me out. However, I then have a hard time waking up and I thrash about - definitely a concern when I am supposed to be still and recover! Please pray over the hand of the anesthesiologist, the surgeon, and that my body would cooperate and respond well to everything happening to it.
Thirdly, lactation...I won't go into detail, but my history with mastitis is not a comforting thought when I am not sure how much I will be able to pump on surgery day. So far things have been fine and I would like them to keep being fine!
Lastly, I know I read somewhere that I needed to have someone stay the night at the hospital with me. I am not sure what conditions Mikey will have to sleep or do work, but he will not have any other option. Right after we met I had to have my gall bladder out and Mikey came up from Kansas to be with me. He slept all night on the floor under the counter in my hospital room! He is a good man, but I know that was uncomfortable, and though he is willing to do it, I sincerely hope they have better accomodations for him. Seems silly to pray for, but he is taking very good care of me, and I want him to have a good nights sleep so he can work well the next day.
We got to talk to the boys today via Skype. I have to say, technology is a wonderful thing!!! I am missing them terribly, but getting to see their sweet faces and goof off with them via video is really helping with the need to hug and love on them. I am definitely thankful that they are not here - low blood sugar Momma and busy little boys would not have been a good combination today!
I'm going to sign off for now. Thanks for reading, and hopefully Mikey will get on here and update everyone as I have asked him to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment