Friday, December 3, 2010

Day after surgery

I will be getting out of the hospital soon. I'm very tired, very sore, but doing well. One of the doctor's came in today and said everything looked good. He explained some things to us too. He said I had a grapefruit sized cyst on one of my falopian tubes that they removed and it didn't cause any damage. I have had pain there for quite some time, so it is interesting that there was really something there...not just my imagination.
The nurse's here are fantastic, and Mikey and I are the buzz of the hospital since we are from Nebraska. They seem to think that is pretty cool. When we tell them we came to see Dr. Furr, they smile and tell me what a good doctor he is, and how much everyone likes and respects him. They said he is a slower surgeon, but only because he wants it done right the first time. If he doesn't like how it looks, he'll cut the sutures and start over again, which sounds like what happened with me. Since there was so much damage, they had a hard time figuring out what to attach everything to. I also had a small hernia on my bladder, which they corrected.

That's about all for now. Thanks for checking in, and thank you for all of the warm wishes, thoughts and prayers.
Lynette :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so g;ad you're doing well! Praying this gives you the results you desire!

    ReplyDelete