Tuesday, November 30, 2010

We made it!!!

Hi!
After a super long time in the car we finally made it to our hotel in Chattanooga!!! PTL!!! We left at 7:15 am from Edgerton, KS, and made it here by 10:15 (11:15 local time). We stopped often and took a planned scenic route through the Land Between the Lakes in Kentucky. We just found that place by accident while driving back from North Carolina a few years ago so we wanted to see it again- and it was just as cool! You should totally check it out if you are ever in the area.
The drive was great, the new car drove well and we didn't encounter any problems - nor did we see any deer! Mikey had me scoping the scenery for "a big one", camera ready, but all of those back road tobacco farms and all we saw were hawks.
When we got close to Nashville we decided to check out the GPS for restaurants and found Logan's Roadhouse or Mason's Restaurant (BTW - we also saw Logan's college of Chiropractic and Mason Rd on the way down here). We opted for the Roadhouse and enjoyed some tasty steaks there. We had to go all out since it is my last meal until Friday morning!!! :*(
We had some problems with check in at the hotel, but Mike is a good negotiator and got us a good deal. We did not get a fireplace room as requested, but this room is nice enough and we are both exhausted and ready for bed!
Thanks for checking in, and I will write more tomorrow. Thank you also for all of the e-mails, facebook comments and texts! Tomorrow and Thursday will be the most trying times, and I am definitely needing all of the positive support I can get.
Good night, and blessings to each of you,
Lyn
PS- all 4 of our boys are in good hands and doing well. Man do we miss them.

2 comments:

  1. Because I will be under anesthesia. They will have to also fill my body cavity with gas so they can check out all of my organs, especially my bladder. I'm assuming that empty bowels leave more room for them to look around.

    ReplyDelete