Sunday, December 5, 2010

Mason's 1st Birthday

In two hours, it will have been exactly 1 year ago that I woke up with contractions that continued all day and led us to the birth of Mason, our sweet smiling little baby boy! I am missing Mason and Logan so bad this morning that I cannot sleep. Skype has been an awesome thing so that I am able to see them in action, but I still want to be able to hold them, hug and kiss them. I know it is better that they are not here right now because I am in no shape to take care of them, but that doesn't make it any easier.
I called the doctor again yesterday because I had some "popping" sensations that made me super uncomfortable at first, then by the last one I felt better. He had no idea what that could have been, and said that he wasn't concerned unless the uncomfortableness worsened over time. It has not, so here we sit waiting for Tuesday morning to come so we can start rolling home. Mikey is good about reminding me that we started with 9 days and we are down to 3-4 days before we see them again.
Some praises we have are that the surgery went so well and that the doctor's seem so confident in their work that we should be able to have another baby. This was sort of the point of it all, so we ask that you pray for us in that area. We will not be trying any time soon, but I have been praying for God to prepare my womb for about 9 months now, and I believe this surgery was part of that preparation.
Another praise is that so farI have not had a reaction to any of the meds that I am on. This is a concern because I am allergic to, or have become allergic to a lot of medications in the past.
I am also thankful that my children seem to be doing well. Mich has taken good care of them and every time we talk to them they are happy. We are very thankful that Mich was willing to do this - even when she developed a cold the day we dropped them off. And we are thankful for Amy for heading down to watch the kids and give Mich a break yesterday, not just anyone would go do something like that.
God has been good to us, and we have been very blessed by actions, support and prayer. I hope each one of you has a blessed day. And if you are lucky enough to get to see my Mason today on his birthday, please give him an extra hug and kiss from his Momma.
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment