Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Validation

So I ended yesterday right before I met Dr. Furr. Kathy's appointment was first and I was really anxious to meet him. When he walked in he barely peeked in the door and introduced himself and told me he was not feeling well and his kids had been very sick over the weekend. He knew I had small children and was headed for surgery so he did not want to expose me to any illness. He slipped back out and I met with one of his fellows. He was a very nice man, asked me a lot of questions and gave me all the time in the world. Later Dr. Furr came in briefly again and the appointment ended with me signing paperwork for surgery. I can't tell you how relieved I felt that I wasn't crazy, that I infact have this issue, and that it can be corrected with surgery rather than hysterectomy! Kathy noted that I must have just needed that validation and she is right. After all of the doctor's appointments I've had in the last 3 1/2 months have led to this and I was very glad to finally meet Dr. Furr and his fellow doctor.
So we left and headed to the hospital for my pre-testing where we met the most wonderful RN named Karen. She also gave us all the time in the world and we enjoyed sitting and chatting with her. She even stayed late to chat with us which we thanked her for and she smiled and said, "I stay late for people from Nebraska".
So again, I just have to point out how smoothly everything has gone for me and I know God's hand has made this path. Now my nerves are kicking in at the though of surgery in 10 days, so I could really use prayer for this. Anesthesia is a very scary thing for me, on top of us being away from home and the boys. Please continue to pray for us for these things, and thank you again for taking the time to read about my journey :)
Time to board my 2nd to last plane home. Can't wait to see my 3 men!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you and your beautiful boys ...God Bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete